Pesticides and Children, Pets & Wildlife
Children and pets
In the case of most products the label will contain a warning to ‘Keep Product Away From Children and Pets’ or some words to this effect. The aim of this is to draw the attention of the user to the issue of storage and that the product should be stored in appropriate place out of the reach of children and pets.
Many products also contain a logo and wording ‘Children and pets need not be excluded from treated areas once dry’ or ‘Children and pets need not be kept off the lawn for safety reasons’, this highlights the fact that once the product has been applied in accordance with the label instructions it should not pose any risk to children and pets.
Definitive times cannot be given with regards to drying times etc. as these will be affected by the weather and temperature. So it is necessary for the person applying the product to use their best judgement.
All our products are cleared for use as directed by stringent Government pesticide regulations. This means that they are considered suitable for use as directed in areas where children and pets have access. We recommend restricting access to the treated area during mixing, application and drying time of the product.
There is no real need to restrict access to a lawn treated with a weedkiller, weed and feed or a mosskiller, when used as directed on the label, unless there are poisonous weeds such as ragwort, buttercup etc present. Grazing animals will avoid eating these weeds in their natural state. However once the weed starts to die (be it from use of a weedkiller or naturally) changes in the way the weeds taste may make them more palatable and they may be eaten by mistake. It is these dying weeds that cause the risk to grazing animals. Where this type of weed is present, or if you are unsure if toxic weeds are present, we recommend keeping grazing animals off the area until the weeds have died and have their remains have been physically removed.