Miracle-Gro® Gro-ables® Cucumber Seed Pod™
The Miracle-Gro® Gro-ables® Cucumber Seed Pod™ is biodegradable, which means the roots can grow freely through and get established in the surrounding soil. The outer shell also helps protect the seed by retaining moisture and contains a 6 month controlled release feed, that provides the nutrients it needs to help establish strong roots and the strength to germinate.
How to Plant Cucumber Gro-able Seed Pod
Do not plant outside until risk of frost has passed. For an earlier harvest, start growing indoors 6-8 weeks before transplanting.
- Remove the lid completely.
- Choose a sunny spot.
- Simply push the seed pod into loosened soil or compost (growing bag or large pot filled with Miracle-Gro Enriched Compost) until the pod is level with the soil surface. DO NOT cover, the seeds are at just the right depth to grow.
- Space seed pods 30cm apart.
- Water daily.
- If more than one seed germinates remove all but one when they reach 5cm tall.
- Feed every 14 days with Miracle-Gro® Gro Your Own Vegetable & Fruit Concentrated Liquid Plant Food (or a fertiliser high is potash) when fruits are visible.
When to Plant
What to Expect When Growing Cucumbers
Cucumber Gro-ables® germinate in about 10 days.
Typically, you can begin harvesting after 65 days of growth.
How to Get a Better Crop of Cucumbers
The best way to grow Cucumbers is in a greenhouse, although this is difficult to do, indoor varieties produce fruits similar to those purchased in the supermarket.
Before planting out, prepare the soil by adding plenty of well-rotted manure/compost.
If growing outdoors in a vegtable bed, train your plants to grow up a support, this will help keep the plant off the ground and stop slugs getting to them and eating them.
Store in a cool, dry place.
Net contents: 1 Seed Pod.
Contains fertiliser, growing media and a minimum of 2 seeds.
Seed treated with antifungal agent.
Fertiliser Declaration: NPK 2.0-0.5-1.0.
Miracle-Gro Satisfaction Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied at the end of the growing season, send us your proof of purchase and we will send you a reimbursement.