Miracle-Gro® Gro-ables® Hot Pepper Seed Pod™
The Miracle-Gro® Gro-ables® Hot Pepper Seed Pod™ is biodegradable, which means the roots can grow freely through and get established in the surrounding soil. The outer shell also helps protect the seed by retaining moisture and contains a 6 month controlled release feed, that provide the nutrients it needs to help establish strong roots and provide strength to germinate.
How to Plant Gro-ables
Do not plant outside until risk of frost has passed. For an earlier harvest, start growing indoors 6-8 weeks before transplanting.
- Remove the lid completely.
- Choose a sunny spot.
- Simply push the seed pod into loosened soil or compost (growing bag or large pot filled with Miracle-Gro Enriched Compost) until the pod is level with the soil surface. DO NOT cover, the seeds are at just the right depth to grow.
- Space seed pods 30cm apart.
- Water daily.
- If more than one seed germinates remove all but one when they reach 5cm tall.
- Feed every 7-14 days with Miracle-Gro® Gro Your Own Vegetable & Fruit Concentrated Liquid Plant Food when fruits are visible and foliage color fades.
When to Plant & Harvest Gro-ables®
What to Expect When Growing Hot Peppers
Hot pepper Gro-ables® germinate in about 18 days.
Typically, you can begin harvesting after 75 days of growth.
How to Get a Better Crop of Hot Peppers
For very Hot peppers, start seeds as early as January, to give them more time to grow.
If you want hot, keeping yyour plants a little on the dry side, stresses them very slightly, which helps to produce hotter peppers.
If you can get a plant through the winter, the fruit yield will increase in the second and third years. To do this, at the end of the growing season choose a healthy plant and cut it back to leave the stem and a few healthy branches.
The following pests can be a problem, treat as soon as you see them with an insecticide that can be used on all edible plants.
Store in a cool, dry place.
Net contents: 1 Seed Pod.
Contains fertiliser, growing media and a minimum of 2 seeds.
Seed treated with antifungal agent.
Fertiliser Declaration: NPK 2.0-0.5-1.0.
Miracle-Gro Gro-ables Satisfaction Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied at the end of the growing season, send us your proof of purchase and we will send you a reimbursement.