EverGreen® Fast Grass Lawn Seed
Contains Headstart® Gold, a revolutionary grass seed coating that ensures rapid germination, now only 4* days for results to start showing.
Strong root systems develop, creating a dense and hard-wearing lawn.
Professional grade grass seed mixture for creating new lawns, over-seeding thin lawns and repairing bare patches. Creates dense, hard-wearing lawns.
* In ideal conditions, when the soil is warm and moist
When to Use
Apply to lawns during March to early October
How to Create a New Lawn or Fill in a Bare Patch
- Remove all weeds and stones
- Turn the soil over to a depth of 15cm - 22cm (6-9in)
- Level and firm by either treading or using a roller
- Shake box to re-mix seed
- You need 30g per square meter (1oz/sq.yd). For a visual guide, apply to a measured area first
- Create a criss-cross pattern, by sowing half the seed from left to right and the rest from top to bottom
- Gently rake in, then tread or roll seed into the soil
- Unless it rains, soak with a fine spray and keep the soil moist for the next few weeks
- The grass can be trimmed when it is 5-8cm (2-3in)
- Each time you mow, lower blade height a level until its at 2.5cm (1in)
- Do not cut more than a 1/3 off the growth at any one point
How To Over-Seed an Exisiting Lawn
- Prepare the lawn by mowing it short, raking out dead grass, moss and debris
- Apply a lawn dressing, such as EverGreen® Lawn Soil
- In dry conditions, moisten the lawn
- Sprinkle a small handful of seed for each square meter (20g)
- Lightly rake the seed into the lawn
- Unless it rains, soak with a fine spray and keep soil moist for the next few weeks
How Much Will I Need
To determine the size of the lawn to be treated, multiply the length by the width in meteres. This will give you the size of the area you wish to sow. As a guide, one large stride is approximately 1 meter.
When Will I See Results
In ideal conditions, when the soil is moist, grass will start to germinate from 4 days